Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Time

Scott and I have been married for two months today! What a neat Thanksgiving and what an opportunity to be thankful for our love and friendship and everything that comes along with that.

We're hosting his parents and grandparents for the second year in a row for Thanksgiving dinner and that reminds me that I am also thankful for Scott's family (now MY family, too) and their support throughout our relationship. It's comforting to know that while my family is so far away, we still have loved ones who would do anything to help us.

Our dining room table is all set downstairs and the kitchen awaits cramped spaces and delicious smells this afternoon. I'm thankful for our home as well. We work hard to keep it cozy and lovely and I think it shows. We love to entertain in it and both look forward to coming home whenever we leave.

Normally at 10:20 a.m. on a Thursday, I'd be hunched over my computer typing a story or on the phone with an interview. I'm extremely grateful that I have a day off. (You have no idea!) However, I love my job and am grateful for the opportunity to tell people's stories. I've written several "good-news" stories lately, which helps the morale a bit, too.

My inbox features e-mails from friends and loved ones; my recent calls on the caller ID includes several of their names, too. I'm incredibly lucky to have so many people who make every bit -- and sometimes more -- of an effort that I do to maintain our closeness through distance and long weeks and months between our visits.

There are a million more gratitudes I say silently to myself every day, and those I especially remember on Thanksgiving.

It's not just football games (though I will be watching) and turkey (though I will be gorging myself on the bird)... it's gratitude, thanks and love. And I have all of that today.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment