Friday, September 18, 2009

Talkin' 'bout a Sunday drive on a Friday

I have just gotten so ridiculously awful at blogging lately. Please forgive me. It's the Wedding Mind Syndrome thingy.

Anyway... on Sunday... sigh, FIVE days ago, Scott and I went for an impromptu drive.

In the first couple years of our relationship, we used to frequently go for rides around the area, especially as I was still getting acquainted with 'the country.' I learned towns and back roads and we got to have some really intimate conversations about ourselves and our future along these streets and highways.

An essential part of our trips was, like in most places and times in my life, my camera. I captured endless self-portraits of the two of us -- me grinning like a fool and Scott half-smiling, half-driving (thank goodness!).

It's been a long time since our last little road trip, but on Sunday, we just did it. Forgot about the to-do list and the phone calls, e-mails and errands. We just got in my man's manly truck and off we went.

Three-plus hours and three states later and it was just.like.old.times.

Here's a peek at our journey, at least before my camera battery died somewhere in West Virginia and at between 50 and 70 mph.  Starting at our house (!), including Maryland and West Virginia scenery and the always-exciting mini-Tabasco bottle at a convenience store along the way.






No comments:

Post a Comment