So, to try to play "catch-up," here's a bit of random thoughts and pook-like pondering...
* Our greyhound has totally come out of his shell since the breed get-together last month. He's more sociable, friendly and seemingly happy.
*I am obsessed with and traumatized by Michael Jackson's passing. I've always been a fan -- I mean, who hasn't? Plus, it doesn't help that I grew up watching my older sister dance to Billie Jean and Thriller and tell my dad she was going to marry MJ when she grew up. Dad was not pleased, to say the least.
I've asked one of my bridesmaids to try to do a group dance of Thriller. Surprisingly/scary enough, she AGREED. I'm not sure the rest of the bridal party would go for doing that at the reception, but boy wouldn't it be fun!?
* We've gotten our first group of RSVPs back! The first ones arrived FIVE DAYS after we sent out invites -- crazy! Some random stats from those:
Scott is totally winning as far as whose side is replying sooner. I think I'll catch up soon, though.
Most couples choose the same meal option, which I find interesting. I thought for sure most guys would choose the beef tenderloin and most ladies would pick the stuffed chicken breast. What do I know?!
We have two vegetarians already!
* On other wedding news, the bridesmaid dresses have arrived at the dress shop nearby. I can't wait to see them! I'm hoping to make it there in the next week or so with my local bridesmaid (you know, the one I made get fitted for a dress when she was six months pregnant!!) Their arrival just absolutely threw my excitement level over the edge.
* Our friends Josh and Staci are engaged! Wahooo! Congrats to them! I've known Josh since my previous newspaper job, and quite honestly, I don't know if I would have survived as long as I did without our coffee runs and inside jokes.
* My stepmother and my niece (and junior bridesmaid) are coming out for a four-day visit in August. I could scream and cry all at once.
"No, I don't think we'll have any wedding things to do by then.... No, really, they should all be done."
"No, you can't wear high heels and fake nails. You're 9 years old, remember... What? No, no hair jewels."
* My maid of honor called yesterday to tell me what to pack for the mysterious bridal shower/bachelorette party weekend later this month. I got a pen and paper out, thinking she was going to offer helpful specifics, since everything is a complete surprise. I was told to pack casual things, dressy things, night and day stuff. Gee, thanks, gemela. ;-)
(I am BEYOND excited for that weekend! Less than four weeks!)
Happy 4th of July!