Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm going to get on my little horse and proclaim to the townspeople, "The parents are coming! The parents are coming!"

My dad and Janet are visiting this weekend and should arrive later today.

On one hand -- we'll call it the Dad Hand -- I'm really excited.
On the other hand -- Perhaps called the Stepmother Hand -- I'm slightly dreading it.

I could really use some one-on-one time with my dad, but that usually doesn't happen b/c of Janet, so we'll see.

We don't really have any plans, other than going to the reception hall and dress shop tomorrow (for about the fifth or sixth time already).

I'm sure they'll get lost somehow, too, especially since there's no cell service for about 5-10 miles on either side of our house. That seems to make it more complicated for these Jersey folks to arrive easily and on time.

Wish me luck.
Armor? Check.
Sword? Of course.
Fake smile? Warmin' it up.
Gritted teeth? Ow.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment