Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Turning it all off

I have today and tomorrow off for volunteering to work a day last weekend and again working this upcoming weekend and I'm just so excited.

I've had a busy few days to say the least.

While working the weekends can be a bit dull and uncomfortable -- away from my home office, mingling with people I don't know very well and only see about six times a year, and working a very different shift then I'm used to -- I try to make the best of it.

The greatest part, though, is getting a rare mid-week day (or days) off in return.

Scott's off to work, the lights are off and I'm about to go back to sleep... with NO ALARM. (Waking up at 4:45 every morning is NOT something you get used to, no matter what Scott says.)

When I wake up... IF I wake up... I could do anything or nothing at all. Maybe I'll crochet that blanket I'm working on. I could catch up on some TV or my dusty movie collection. I could clean (boooooo). And then there's the dozen or so books I've accumulated this winter and vowed I would make a conscious effort to read. Maybe it will wind up being a combination of all of those, and maybe I won't do any of them.

One thing is for sure. I will NOT be hanging out in the home office or on the computer. I won't even watch the news today. I'm just going to be selfish and make as much of these two days about me as possible.

I don't even feel bad saying that.
OK, yes I do. But not TOO bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment