Thursday, February 12, 2009

"I'm not going to play the slamming doors game." SLAM

Ugh, so Scott and I got into a fight as he was leaving for work this morning. In the grand scheme of things, it really won't go down as the most horrible domestic dispute in the history of mankind, and the bit of screaming and door-slamming quite possibly was due to a lack of sleep on both our parts and a bit of a "we-have-no-time-to-talk-this-through-i-have-to-go-goodbye" dilemma.

That's the part I hate.

I mean, Scott and I have been pretty lucky in that we don't have many disagreements. If we do, we usually wind up laughing at ourselves minutes later. So to have all this up in the air is just really unusual -- and even a bit scary.

It will be no big deal and I'm sure by the time we're married and old farts we won't even remember this moment, but in the here and now, it's just a heck of a lot of frustration.

I think we need some more 'us' time - easy to say when I work both days this weekend and then have a long visit from my best friend and maid of honor next week. More than 'us' time, I'm sure we REALLY need some more sleep time.

And that's what I'm going to try to work on now.

Um, once the fire whistle STOPS BLOWING. Dear world, I'm OFF today. Leave me be. I prefer it to just be me, myself and a lot of relaxation today. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment