Friday, November 20, 2009

Captain Obvious

According to a recent CNN article, my job ranks in the top 10 professions that pay the least for the most amount of stress.

No duh.

And for the record, news reporter ranks #4.
And I would KILL for the median salary.

4. News Reporter

Median pay: $32,900
% who say their job is stressful: 62%

Every minute is another deadline for those who report and write the news. While racing against the clock, reporters gather data, conduct interviews and analyze their findings all before writing about major events for a newspaper, magazine, radio show or television program.


So if anyone was wondering about the state of my sanity... it's non-existent. And I couldn't afford a therapist even if I wanted one.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Agreed!! My salary is in that general range, but I also live in an expensive area, so I'm probably worse off than when I was making significantly less in central PA. And it took like seven years to get there!

    ReplyDelete