Sunday, September 21, 2008

We are...




...Penn State!!!

I went to my first Penn State football game/tailgating experience Saturday. What fun!


Our day began at 7 a.m., scanning the aisles of our local 24-hour Wal-Mart for some gear to wear. Scott strikes the jackpot with a plentiful selection while I'm resorted to a pink women's shirt or a Men's Large in any of the actual team colors. I got one of each.



Then we were off to our Mike and Julie's house... Julie was sick and wasn't able to come to the game and I was definitely disappointed for the lack of supportive estrogen, but we made do. Mike, Scott and I then met up with Julie's brother, CJ and his girlfriend, Sarah. Then off to the game!



I have to admit, at 8 or 9 a.m., my main concerns are coffee refills and yogurt or cereal... not usually cookies and beer. But, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Er, the die-hard, rowdy Penn State fans of all ages, representing probably most of the 50 states.
What an experience.


I couldn't get over just the sheer number of people tailgating and at the game --- more than 105,000 people in the stadium! That's crazy!
I even found myself standing up and cheering by the end of the game. And I was surprisingly concerned when Coach Joe Paterno disappeared after halftime.

Poor ole guy.


Good times! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment