Friday, April 10, 2009

I can't feel my butt.

Scott had a great idea yesterday to go bike-riding around our home, now that we finally have our bikes on our property.

It was a beautiful, sun-shiney day, but I had another two stories I could have worked on instead.

And it's incredibly hilly out here.

And we haven't been on bikes in 8 months.

I don't know whether it was the sad puppy dog face or the sunlight beckoning me through the window, but I gave a middle finger to my extra work and threw on a baseball cap and sneakers.

The ride was really beautiful. We passed several of the nearby Mennonite farms -- slowly -- and spotted some wildlife -- slowly -- while trekking up those hideous hills -- again, SLOWLY.

I am glad we went. It was nice for both of us to just get out and away from everything, but seriously, I came within two inches of putting my heating pad on my gluteous maximus.

I still might.

No comments:

Post a Comment