Friday, April 24, 2009

A day off! A day off!

Oh glorious, glorious day off, you are so lovely, I could just pet you, over and over and over again.

A day off in the middle of the week only typically occurs when I work the weekend before or weekend after said day, so I will of course be completely miserable this time tomorrow, but we'll just take it one day at a time.

Today, it's the "Day Off" song.

I'm meeting my very pregnant friend and bridesmaid, Julie, who I think is secretly plotting ways to motivate that daughter of hers to come meet the world, starting with a panic-stricken Aunt Wendy. If that doesn't work out, then we're just going to stop by Target and have lunch together.

Then I'm meeting Scott's mom for a cup of coffee, maybe a dessert and some chit-chat. I put together a little "thinking of you"/early Mother's Day gift that I'm anticipating many tears upon opening.

Notice what's NOT on my food-revolving schedule??
Chores/cleaning
Work-related/computer-related items.

I need a time-out -- with my future mother-in-law, good food, a great friend and maybe even a newborn. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment