Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the road again...


Debbie (Scott's mom) and I drove up to State College together last night to meet up with her friend and my friend, Kassia. We split into pairs and enjoyed some catching up over dinner with our friends.

First of all, this place was insane. Apparently, Kassia and I sat at the Willie Nelson table. Pictures of him, concert tickets, song lyrics, and yes, even the braids and bandanna stapled to the walls around us. Mix that in with the line-dancing adventures of the poor servers at the restaurant, good food and of course our typical meetings, and I laughed non-stop for two hours.

Kassia got me a BEAUTIFUL Christmas/Housewarming present all the way from Venice! :-) Yay!

Ms. P, you rock my world.

I'm so lucky to have such great friends, especially closeby ones to just be silly with in person every now and then. They help make my world go 'round.



NOW: I have three hours this pleasant FREAKIN' early morning to complete and edit the Sunday feature I've been working on this week. It's a complex topic that deals with everything from eminent domain to ethics and pollution, not to mention tiny town vs. million-dollar company. And I've got 30 inches... oh yeah. :-) But then, other than an important school board meeting tonight that *could* lead to a teachers' strike, I'm on vacation!!!

Scott's already requested three different types of cookies. :-) Geesh, he's soooo hard to please, haha.

ONE WEEK 'til Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Dude - I look like a psycho with that knife. Maybe I should've carried it with me to the parking lot ... I would have been prepared for my "encounter" then!

    Missed not seeing you on Friday, but we will just have to plan something fabulous for 2009!!

    ReplyDelete