Friday, November 14, 2008

My own public service announcement

I've just finished work on what I hope will be an inspiring and touching, and most importantly, a helpful story stemming from the recent domestic murder in my coverage area and focusing on what victims can and should do if they find themselves in an unsafe situation.

I've gotten myself so wrapped up in this story, and now, after putting myself in the shoes of a victim, I can't help but understand what my mother went through so many years ago and what so many other men and women are struggling with every single day across the world, perhaps in the apartment next to you or house down the street.

The courage it takes to make that first step, that first phone call... it's such bravery.

Please consider supporting your local domestic violence agency (there's usually one in every county and they're running out of federal funding quickly) and know that you can help someone else.

For more info, visit http://www.ncadv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment