Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Fire Company is on speed dial

Scott and I had a brilliant idea to start a fire in our fireplace at the new home. Between the two of us, we have zero experience with fireplaces. I've enjoyed sitting by many fires, but never began one myself.

I did look up the local fire company's phone number, I mean, just in case.

This oughta be good.


**UPDATE**
I began chocking on smoke up here and went downstairs to investigate. The first words I heard Scott say were, "Ooooh, a poker. I've always wanted to use a poker."

He's blaming the smoke on a bad log, which by the way is extremely old and dry and yet still won't catch on fire? Hmm. I'm not sure how far this newspaper fire we have will keep us warm. But I do know it should take about another two hours until I have to go to the hospital with smoke inhalation.


**SECOND UPDATE**
Still no house fire. Or fireplace fire.
Scott's doing a mean rendition of the new Pink song 'So What'... "I'm gonna start a fire... I think."

Sure you are, honey. Sure you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment